Monday, June 21, 2010

what the?

Along with this being a baby blog, I kind of feel like it's my reject blog, like i can put anything here, lame or extra lame, and I don't really care, because it's not my real blog, the original blog. This is untrue, and it's not lame because julian's the opposite of lame. But, i'm just trying to give some kind of explanation as for why i'd put what i'm going to put right now:

The other day i was cleaning out my drafts folder in gmail and found this little snippet i must have copied from some parenting website, and it made me laugh, and all i want to say is, there are some mothers out there who are FREAKS.

First, she must have used these two things a lot because i create a code for myself:


Q's = cues
sorted = sordid

ha ha ha. Q's. Ha ha ha. It makes me laugh, but it also makes me die inside that people can be this dumb.

And then there was a snippet of her baby's schedule:

My 10 month old would go to sleep at 5 in the morning for a month lol n would wake up at 3 in d afternoon n take like 2 naps then i used bedtime bath shapoo from johnsons and it helped lol


What on earth? This mom is high. Has to be.

4 comments:

Ashley June 23, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

What on earth is right. Was she drugging her baby with the "shapoo"?

On the upside, it looks like she was able to fit in the desired amount of lol's in one comment: at least two per run-on sentence.

Alanna June 25, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

I really don't love the phrase "lol" anyway, but when it's used completely indiscriminately for things that will in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM make you laugh out loud, in fact they probably won't even get you to crack a smile, I'm completely bugged.

On the plus-side, this makes me appreciate your blog (and every other blog that I take the time to read) even more. No random lols-- thank you!!!

And this mom is nuts. Just for the record.

Thanks for sharing!

)en June 25, 2010 at 3:37 PM  

ha ha ha.

i know, i feel the same. Except lately i kind of feel like using lol to be facetious. I don't know if i can do it though.

i'm also loving using "n" for "and." Note to self: incorporate that into my written vocabulary. And spoken, for that matter.

Natalie R. July 2, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

I also liked the "3 in d afternoon" that she used once, and I'm wondering what "shapoo" is. Wow. It kind of scares me how inept our society has become with punctuation, grammar and spelling. It's like the degeneration of the Roman Empire into the barbarians or something (yes, I do enjoy exaggerating from time to time).