Monday, September 7, 2009

millions of pictures... pictures for you.



When I went in for the 12th'ish week ultrasound to take some neck measurements, it was the first time tiny fetus boy looked like something resembling a thing that might turn out to be human. We had gone in several times for ultrasounds and none of the images before looked remotely like this. He had a face & appendages and a body and was a mere 3 inches long. Three. Hold out your fingers and measure that right now. And he flapped and bounced around rapidly like a wild little sea monkey. I will never forget this. We got several pictures and in one, he stuck out his impossibly tiny tongue and gave us the money shot we used to tell our family members about his existence. So awesome. And when he flaps and kicks wildly now, i think back to that day and how he still resembles his 3-inch long self.



Here's the card we made to reveal the news.








tiny face or giant hands?


what? no i did not use the flash on a sleeping baby. that would be cruel. i just, uhh.. put him to bed in the room that is located right next to the sun, our nearest star.










J. Rex often gives us looks like, "what the crap, man?" And all i can say in response is, "dude, I have no idea. I am sorry." It's funny... or sad. But he's a pretty chill and tolerant little soul. Here are some bathtime pictures in ye olde kitchen sink, where all the magic happens. What is he looking at? Perhaps the sponge, wondering if we're going to use it to clean him? Of course, silly, but i am a good mom--NOT with the brillo side. relax.


what? you love the bowl bath. hush. (so cute.)



With this next one, I am reminded of my senior pictures in high school where the photographer made me stand with my back to him and then twist around awkwardly & unnaturally so to get a picture. "a biiit more," he said. "turn a biiiit more." Well Julian, turn your head a biiiit more. moooore. good.




10 comments:

Alanna September 8, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

I distinctly remember my son giving me that "What the crap" look, too. He seemed very uneasy with me as a mom, like maybe he would have preferred to not be the guinea pig to my parenting. Oh, well!

I'm totally impressed with the fact that Julian has the PERFECT amount of hair. Enough to be adorable and look really cute and not bald, but not so much that he begins resembling a monkey (which I find scary). Nice job having a kid with a perfect head of hair.

Pedersen Posse September 8, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

Love the card. The tongue sticking is priceless and I definitely see the resemblance to J.R's last pic and your senior picture. Ha, Ha!

Lindsey September 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

I know this post moust have been hard for you, but I think it is the perfect balance of sharing with pics with the very interested fam with witty Jennifer commentary. Nice work! :-)

In other news... What a cutie! Love his hair (actually, I think I'm a bit jealous. He's got Collin beat by a long-shot). I also LOVE the bath pics.

You are the best! No more "bad mom" comments, k?

)en September 8, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

i don't know what you mean. :) I am a good mom, i really didn't use the brillo side. ;)

glad you like. It's fun to put up the pics, what can i say.

Ha ha, monkey hair.. it's kind of true, isn't it. When it looks like they are wearing a toupee, not so cute. Makes me laugh. I want little man's to grow so i can make it into a mohawk, or "fauxhawk." I totally thought he wouldn't have any hair though, i don't know why.

I wish i could find that senior picture, to compare and to also just show the lameness. Senior pictures: why?

Rob September 8, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

I'm sure you don't mind hearing this but...your kid is freakin cute. I've said this already, but infants aren't usually that cute.

Ashley September 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM  

Did you wash him with palmolive too? Geez...

Just kidding. Love the pictures. Could always use more. Cute, cute baby. Won't use complete sentences.

Amber Alvarez September 9, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

I am happy about the baby-bowl picture. It seems like my parents always have this abundance of embarrassing photos to show the boys I bring home. All these photos are adorable, but I could see the bowl picture being mortifying enough to use against him later in life. Good job.

)en September 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

palmolive. if it's gentle on my hands but tough on grease, why not?

so true, amberbop. loving the bowl bath pic.

Natalie R. September 26, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

He is so adorable!!!! Seriously, what a cute little kid. And you know, it's okay to use the scrubby side of a sponge once in a while when he's really dirty. J/K, I swear! Please don't call CPS on me... ;0)

Natalie R. September 26, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

He is so adorable!!!! Seriously, what a cute little kid. And you know, it's okay to use the scrubby side of a sponge once in a while when he's really dirty. J/K, I swear! Please don't call CPS on me... ;0)